[ros-users] Action client and server code in the same file...

Felix Ingrand felix at laas.fr
Sat Feb 5 13:44:47 UTC 2011

Sorry for probably another beginner question...

I am still playing with some basic actions to connect them to OpenPRS. I wanted to write a simple client to tuck the PR2 arms.

Digging into tuck_arms_action.py, it looks like the file contain the code for the action server AND the client... This got me confused for quite a while. I can see that if one calls it without argument, it seems to just start the server, yet I am not quite sure why this is done that way,  any explanation?...  Would not it be better to clearly separate the client/server code? Moreover, the code in /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/pr2_common_actions/pr2_tuck_arms_action/test/tuck_arms_test.py does not seem to be adapted to this action anymore as it tries to acces a goal.untuck field which I do not see in the .action file.

PS: is the tuck_arms action server started at boot on the PR2? I am not at the lab right now, and cannot check directly.

Thanks,
--
     Felix
You think you are making economical rational decisions...