[ros-users] OS X ogre x86_64 patch

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:24:00 UTC 2011

I have managed to get ROS's ogre package to compile on OS X, which lets
ogre_tools compile and gets rviz a little closer to compiling.

I used the patch on this orgre forum post and modified a few lines in it:
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59370

I attached an ogre pkg patch that adds this modified patch for ogre and adds
it to the tarball_patches in the make file for the ROS package.

I have _not_ tested this patch on linux, or actually using rviz, so I don't
know if it has any adverse effects.  I will follow up post about the linking
error I am getting with rviz soon.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering