[ros-users] launching all nodes in included launch file on specified machine

Dan Lazewatsky dlaz at cse.wustl.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:54:11 UTC 2011

For an experiment I'm running, I have all the nodes which need to run on the
robot itself in one launch file, and all the nodes to be run on a remote
machine in a different launch file. For simplicity, I want to have one
launch file which launches everything by including the other two files.
Looking at the documentation, I think I know the answer to this, but I
wanted to check: Is there a way to run all nodes in an included launch file
on a particular machine without editing the included file and setting the
machine attribute on each node? If not, does anyone else think it would be
useful to add a machine attribute to the include tag?

Thanks,
-Dan