[ros-users] How are you using Ubuntu on your robots

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:52:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

As ROS has a preference for Ubuntu (or maybe more maintener for it), how do
you install Ubuntu on your robots ? Do you leave a standard desktop
installation ? With bureautics software or so one ?!? Are you using a non
graphical Ubuntu version ? Are desintallating everything by hand ?

I choosed a Debian system for my robot and dev machines (all x86) because
there is an easy way to install a compliant system on them without worrying
about versionning compatibility. I don't mind changing this because of ROS,
but I am curious to know hat others are doing.