[ros-users] ATTENTION DEVELOPERS USING "eigen3" PACKAGE: eigen3 -> eigen Migration for Diamondback

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Feb 7 20:58:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

Quick version:
"eigen3" package will not be released into Diamondback.  If you are using it
switch to use "eigen" package.  Use the procedure outlined below.

Longer version:
As I emailed earlier we are in the process of migrating the eigen package
forward to use Eigen3.  Over this weekend the eigen package has been ported
forward to use Eigen3 with EIGEN2_SUPPORT bindings.  Now the eigen package
should have the full Eigen3 API available.  The eigen3 package will be
removed as soon as the packages listed below are patched.

Procedure:
If you are using Eigen3 I recommend that you

rosrun eigen3 revert_eigen_namespace `rospack find your_awesome_package`

and then change your package dependency to eigen from eigen3, and test.

Tully

Released packages which need to be patched:
$> rospack depends-on1 eigen3
vocabulary_tree
posest
frame_common