[ros-users] uvc_camera and stereo_proc

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:02:34 UTC 2011

Hello all,

 I am working on uvc_camera to capture stereo image. I launched stereo_node
file where i get messages,

/left/image_raw and other /left camera images and for right /right/image_raw
and right camera images.

This node is working fine..

When i use stereo_proc, as per tutorial it should publish

/stereo/left/image_raw
/stereo/left/camera_info
/stereo/right/image_raw
/stereo/right/camera_info

So, it is under some name <stereo> where in my case i get directly
/left/image_raw and same for right.
How would i publish <name>/left/image_raw type structure.

Then it says,
you could do:

$ ROS_NAMESPACE=stereo rosrun stereo_image_proc stereo_image_proc
__name:=proc
Here i because of above i can not replace stereo.

and after that it is,
rosrun image_view stereo_view stereo:=/stereo image:=image_rect_color
again no stereo name space.

So, what is the procedure to get left and right side parameters under some
<name>?

-Abhy