[ros-users] stereo in diamondback release

Asghari Oskoei, Mohammadreza m.asghari-oskoei at herts.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 16:22:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I wonder to being able to have new releases developed for stereo image sync (--approximate=0.01 in python script and _approximate_sync:=True in cpp) we can use just pre-compiled diamondback (sudo apt-get ...) or should download and compile SVN sources. I basically prefer to use the pre-compiled release, but in a download that I did a few days ago, the above mentioned arguments were not working, so used the source.

What a time gap is in-between uploaded pre-compiled and source releases?
What does "unstable" mean? WG-specific installation?
How can we get sure that we have got the latest diamondback and all related packages such as PR2, cob, ...
What do you recommend about packages that we had in cturtle but can't find in diamondback, such as camera_drivers (prosilica_camera node), should we copy them from cturtle?

Regards
Reza,