[ros-users] Request for comments: OctoMap ROS interface

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Feb 9 18:01:22 UTC 2011

Hi!

There is a new ROS interface for OctoMap in the works, and I would like
to get some ideas on what would be useful or nice to have in such an
integration. This interface (or wrapper class) should expose the obvious
functions to use, and should make it easy to use OctoMap in ROS without
manually converting too much between ROS / PCL types and the native
OctoMap types.

You can check out the current stage in the package octomap_ros of the
octomap_mapping stack in alufr-ros-pkg [1]. The most-important
functionality (inserting scans or single beams, raycasting, 3D queries)
is already there in "OctomapROS.h", along with a few conversions in
"conversions.h". Let me know if you think there's anything important
missing.

Best regards,
Armin

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/alufr-ros-pkg/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Foctomap_mapping%2Foctomap_ros

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg