[ros-users] failling to compile mapping/pointcloud_registration (Eigen issue?)

Raphael Favier raphael.favier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:04:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

a few days ago, I compiled  http://www.ros.org/wiki/mapping mapping  without
any problem.
Today, I re-installed it and tried to get it to compile again and failed.

a fresh checkout gives the following error at compilation:
pointcloud_registration/include/pointcloud_registration/pointcloud_registration_point_types.h:33:
fatal error: Eigen/Core: No such file or directory

If I try to manually add eigen in manifest.xml, I end up with errors
traceing back into eigen3 core (see the
http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n2474091/trace.txt trace ).

It is like if one of the packages included by pointcloud_registration
sneakily includes eigen3.

>From the user list, I noticed that a lot is going on with eigen and eigen3
these days, but I haven't much knowledge about those staks.
Is it possible that this compilation error comes from something messed up
between eigen and eigen3 or is it just me doing something wrong?

Raph