[ros-users] ROS Diamondback Release Candidate 1

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Sat Feb 12 22:26:41 UTC 2011

Thanks to all of your help, we're getting close to the official
release of Diamondback.  Eigen 2/3 rollout is complete and we have
received many patches to improve compatibility on various platforms.

How you can help:

 1) We want to make it easier for new users to figure out what the
common ROS tools are.  We've put up a new "Tools" [1] page as a start,
but feedback and contributions are welcome.  We would also appreciate
feedback on our "APIs" [2] page.  In other words, "What do you wish
the wiki helped you find out about better, and how?"

 2) We are creating new robot 'portals' to help users of particular
robot platforms.  We would appreciate feedback on the current pages as
well as your own contributed portals.  Examples: [3], [4], [5]

 3) Patches, bug reports, etc...

More here:

http://www.ros.org/news/2011/02/ros-diamondback-release-candidate-1.html

thanks,

 -- your friendly neighborhood release candidate

[1]: http://www.ros.org/wiki/Tools
[2]: http://www.ros.org/wiki/APIs
[3]: http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/Care-O-bot
[4]: http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/NXT