[ros-users] remapping tf frames

Marc Killpack staderennais at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 15:32:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to remap tf frames from inside a launch file
(or other similar means) in the same way it is possible to remap topic names
of published topics?  My use case is that I have two Kinects between which I
would like to define a transform. However, the base frame_id for the kinect
is defined in the openni_driver.cpp file.  This means that when I run two
kinects they broadcast the same tf frame of /openni_rgb_optical_frame.  Any
suggestions besides modifying the driver  would be very much appreciated.
 Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Marc Killpack
Healthcare Robotics Lab - Georgia Tech