[ros-users] Floor detected as an obstacle?

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 15:33:01 UTC 2011

For the costmap_2d that is in move_base you can use these parameters to
limit minimum and maximum heights of point cloud data that is considered for
obstacles.

>From http://www.ros.org/wiki/costmap_2d#Sensor_management_parameters:
*~<name>/<source_name>/max_obstacle_height (double, default: 2.0)

The maximum height in meters of a sensor reading considered valid. This is
usually set to be slightly higher than the height of the robot. Setting this
parameter to a value greater than the global max_obstacle_heightparameter
has no effect. Setting this parameter to a value less than the
global max_obstacle_height will filter out points from this sensor above
that height.

~<name>/<source_name>/min_obstacle_height (double, default: 0.0)

The minimum height in meters of a sensor reading considered valid. This is
usually set to be at ground height, but can be set higher or lower based on
the noise model of your sensor.*
*
*
*Hope that helps,