[ros-users] Header.h location

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Wed Feb 2 16:02:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Steven Bellens
<steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> Starting from a clean Diamondback install, I noticed the Header.h file
> from std_msgs is not (?) in the include path exported in the manifest.
> There is the roslib/Header.h file which says it's deprecated and
> refers to std_msgs/Header.h. That last one however is not there. It's
> actually in msg_gen/cpp/include/std_msgs/Header.h
> Is this location supposed to be exported in the manifest as well? Or
> are the headers not installed correctly?

rospack will add that directory automatically if it's present.  E.g.,

$ rospack cflags-only-I std_msgs
/Users/gerkey/code/ros/ros_comm/messages/std_msgs/include
/Users/gerkey/code/ros/ros_comm/messages/std_msgs/msg_gen/cpp/include
/Users/gerkey/code/ros/ros/core/roslib/msg_gen/cpp/include
/Users/gerkey/code/ros/ros/core/roslib/include
/Users/gerkey/code/ros/ros/tools/rospack
/Users/gerkey/code/ros/ros/tools/rospack/include

So as long as you use rospack to get the build flags (which is what
rosbuild does), everything should work.  Are you parsing manifests by
hand, by any chance?

We removed the auto-generated directories from manifests because it
was a constant source of bugs.

	brian.