[ros-users] Move_base fails

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:12:56 UTC 2011

Hello Eitan,

I did check topics you have mentioned. Lately i found that when i launch nav
stack at first time /initial_pose is not getting published in spite of
sending x,y,a through parameters in amcl.

I always have to click in rviz to set its pose and target.

in short, i have to set initial pose and then set goal at least for the
first time from rviz and then only from the next time stack takes goal from
the code.

Is there any way by which i can publish amcl pose properly at first instance
to get pointcloud? so that i do not need to set goal from rviz for the first
time.

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

abhy.