[ros-users] Building a bitmap from a pcl point cloud

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Thu Feb 3 17:34:41 UTC 2011

Nicolas,

On 02/03/2011 07:11 AM, Nicolás Alvarez Picco wrote:
> Hi every body,
>
> I need to build a very simple bitmap with the points from a pcl point cloud. I only need to see all the points of my
> point cloud but all of then will have information of a boolean variables saying if they are free or not.
> Any have any clue of how to do this??

This is an easy operation. Is your point cloud organized to begin with? If so, you can just assemble an image of
cloud.width x cloud.height and set your pixels in the image according to whatever free criterion you have in mind. If
the dataset is not organized, you might need to do some projection first.

PS. Please use pcl-users@ for PCL related questions. Thank you.

Cheers,
Radu.
--