[ros-users] Solved the pluginlibs OSX problem, attached patch

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 4 03:28:25 UTC 2011

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the patches.

I applied your patch to pluginlib CMakeLists.txt  r35754
The nodelet callback queue patch is in trunk, but it hasn't been released
yet.  We've been debugging a few intermittent test failures before we were
willing to release.  It'll come out in the next release.  Likely tonight.
I've added the rosdep in r35755.

Tully

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Nicholas Butko <nbutko at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Brief summary:
>
> 1) Patch pluginlib CMakeLists.txt
> 2) Patch nodeled "callback_queue_manager.h"
> 3) add port "ossp-uuid" to rosdep.yaml for macports under heading "uuid"
>
> stack "common" now builds for diamondback_beta on OSX.
>
> ====
>
> The problem was that test_plugins wasn't linking to the created libraries.
>
> This is a common point of failure between Linux and OSX. Someone should
> probably figure out what about CMake gives different behavior, and break it
> in linux or fix it in OSX.
>
> Now I'm getting errors compiling nodelet because of that ancient bug in
> callback_queue_manager.h.  I thought I got an email from trac saying this
> was fixed.
>
> I'll reattach the patch for that one too.
>
> Nodelet now fails to build because there's no "uuid" library;  Need to add
> "ossp-uuid" to rosdep.yaml for macports.
>
> --Nick

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.