[ros-users] [Orocos-users] orocos_toolchain_ros for debian

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:39:47 UTC 2011

2011/2/4 Steven Bellens <steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be>

> Hey Willy,
>
> [...]
> >
> > it seems to miss the lua-dev dependency in the rosdem.yaml. Do you know
> this
> > Ruben ?
>
> Thanks for the patch. I've just applied it on master and merged master
> with the orocos_toolchain_ros-0.2 branch. This should also resolve the
> lua dependency, as it was not yet present on the master branch (but is
> now after the merge).
> Concerning the ROS warning about the invalid manifest file: this is a
> known issue and will be solved with the next orocos release (they
> don't have any further impact on your installation).
> Let us know if you have any more problems.

I deleted my orocos_toolchain_ros and try from scratch a new installation
based on master branch (it means I didn't follow the wiki instructions :p)

I still have to play with submodules which is a pity I think but I can't
help with git I am too bad with it !

git clone http://git.mech.kuleuven.be/robotics/orocos_toolchain_ros.git

cd orocos_toolchain_ros
(!! no branching !!)
git submodule init
git submodule update --recursive

I appreciate the debian rosdep, but you forgot to add the one for lua-dev .
It is the same as ubuntu, I can provide a patch but for a copy paste line I
don't know if it worth it.

I suggest you add the --rosdep-install at the end of rosmake command line on
the wiki (or add a new command line for rosdep)

The rosdep step failed here :

[ rosmake ] rosdep install failed: QUITTING: due to conflicting rosdep
definitions, please resolve this conflict.
Rules for ruby do not match:
    ruby [/home/ard/ros/ros/rosdep.yaml]
    ruby1.8-dev libruby1.8 [/home/ard/ros/orocos_toolchain_ros/rosdep.yaml]

I don't have this if I use the unstable branch. I can't test on cturtle
branch because of this :
ard at ard-host-v5:~/ros/orocos_toolchain_ros$ git checkout -b cturtle
origin/cturtle
error: Untracked working tree file 'ocl/CMakeLists.txt' would be overwritten
by merge.

I to be honest I have enougth with git today to correct this :p