[ros-users] Weird ros::ok() actionlib::SimpleActionClient interactions...

Vijay Pradeep vpradeep at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 4 18:12:04 UTC 2011

Can you check what version of the *common* stack you are running?

*> roscd common
> cat CMakeLists.txt*

You'll see something like *rosbuild_make_distribution(1.x.x)*

isServerConnected was added in Common 1.2.0.  If you have an up-to-date
C-Turtle release, it should definitely be there.

> should I also check that isServerConnected? before the waitForServer? or
isServerConnected just similar to waitForServer but return immediately? in
this case, it is probably better to use it in place of waitForServer.

In the actual implementation, *waitForServer* actually repeatedly
calls *isServerConnected
*until the timeout is reached or the server connects.  Thus, for your case,
you should probably just use *isServerConnected*.

Vijay

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Felix Ingrand <felix at laas.fr> wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
>
> On 3 févr. 2011, at 22:33, Vijay Pradeep wrote:
>
> > Hi Felix,
> >

> > Waiting for Server:
> > Instead of calling waitForServer(), you can repeatedly call
> isServerConnected()
> > Refer to the docs: SimpleActionClient::isServerConnected()
>

> Is SimpleActionClient::isServerConnected() a recent addition? it does not
> seem to be define in my:
>

> /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/common/actionlib/include/actionlib/client/simple_action_client.h
>
> while it is indeed in :
>

> http://www.ros.org/doc/api/actionlib/html/simple__action__client_8h_source.html
>
> Or am I including the wrong simple_action_client.h?
>
> PS: I am using the Ubuntu 10.4 VirtualBox appliance provided by WG, and
> which I regularly update.
> --
>     Felix
> The danger of science denial: http://tinyurl.com/yyg5sfd