[ros-users] strange lagging behavior in rviz, in the links connected to the base_link

kadir kadirfu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:19:13 UTC 2011

Hi Josh, David and Eric,

I have beein using 3 computers.

1- A netbook connected to the pioneer platform.
2- A laptop which connects to the netbook via ssh to run several processes,
such as p2os_dashboard and p2os_driver. Besides, it runs
teleop_base_keyboard process on itself.
3- A deskptop pc running roscore and rviz with the following command:
        $ roslaunch learning_urdf xacrodisplay.launch
model:=defs/pioneer3dx.xacro

All these PCs hooked up to the same network via a wireless router.

I left the lab as soon as I post my message, that's why I cannot tell who
publish what to /tf.

But, I think it should be OK to use several computers with ROS which works
pretty similar to YARP. (specifically, the idea behind roscore and
yarpserver). And, we run several PC's in YARP network without any problem.

So, should we really syncronize the clocks to get these PCs run together so
that they can accomplish a particular task cooperatively?
Tomorrow, I will check update rates and the publishers.

Thanks a lot, you're great...

-Kadir-