[ros-users] Move_base fails

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 01:06:40 UTC 2011

Hello Eitan,

Sorry for the late reply on this. So, far i am still testing with the
move_base and initial pose.

According to your pose, it is clear that we have to publish an initial pose
of the robot to make it localize. But, It wont be easy in our case to set a
position from rviz since we have created an interface (Custom) to control
the robot remotely written in java. so, i found a package ar_pose which i
managed to test it properly.

Here my approach is, to fixed the pattern on ceiling and x,y,z of it
accordingly and let the robot camera identify its initial pose comparing
distance. publish it through on initial topic. This i tested and I could
able to do get reference x,y,z of robot but i am still not getting point
cloud in rviz.

I just wanted to know if this approach is fine and why it is still not
publishing point cloud in first launch when initial pose topic is being
published propely.

-Abhy