[ros-users] [Orocos-users] orocos_toolchain_ros for debian

Steven Bellens steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 7 09:04:45 UTC 2011

2011/2/4 Willy Lambert <lambert.willy at gmail.com>:

> 2011/2/4 Steven Bellens <steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be>
>>
>> Hey Willy,
>>
>> [...]
>> >
>> > it seems to miss the lua-dev dependency in the rosdem.yaml. Do you know
>> > this
>> > Ruben ?
>>
>> Thanks for the patch. I've just applied it on master and merged master
>> with the orocos_toolchain_ros-0.2 branch. This should also resolve the
>> lua dependency, as it was not yet present on the master branch (but is
>> now after the merge).
>> Concerning the ROS warning about the invalid manifest file: this is a
>> known issue and will be solved with the next orocos release (they
>> don't have any further impact on your installation).
>> Let us know if you have any more problems.
>

> I deleted my orocos_toolchain_ros and try from scratch a new installation
> based on master branch (it means I didn't follow the wiki instructions :p)
>
> I still have to play with submodules which is a pity I think but I can't
> help with git I am too bad with it !
>
> git clone http://git.mech.kuleuven.be/robotics/orocos_toolchain_ros.git
>
> cd orocos_toolchain_ros
> (!! no branching !!)
> git submodule init
> git submodule update --recursive
>
> I appreciate the debian rosdep, but you forgot to add the one for lua-dev .
> It is the same as ubuntu, I can provide a patch but for a copy paste line I
> don't know if it worth it.

Added.

> I suggest you add the --rosdep-install at the end of rosmake command line on
> the wiki (or add a new command line for rosdep)

The rosdep command is a basic ROS usage tool which users get familiar
with when then go through the online tutorials. We expect you to know
how to work with it :)

> The rosdep step failed here :
>
> [ rosmake ] rosdep install failed: QUITTING: due to conflicting rosdep
> definitions, please resolve this conflict.
> Rules for ruby do not match:
>     ruby [/home/ard/ros/ros/rosdep.yaml]
>     ruby1.8-dev libruby1.8 [/home/ard/ros/orocos_toolchain_ros/rosdep.yaml]
>
> I don't have this if I use the unstable branch. I can't test on cturtle
> branch because of this :
> ard at ard-host-v5:~/ros/orocos_toolchain_ros$ git checkout -b cturtle
> origin/cturtle
> error: Untracked working tree file 'ocl/CMakeLists.txt' would be overwritten
> by merge.

Are you sure your installation folder is really clean?
You can use 'git clean -fd' to remove all files in your folder which
are not on git (git help clean to get extra info)