[ros-users] ros communication without roscore

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Feb 7 19:06:34 UTC 2011

Christian,

For a slightly lower effort you could run the roscore inside a VM on the
windows machine with a known IP.  roscore has a pretty small footprint and
overhead so it could use a relatively small VM.  I know it feels a little
excessive, but I expect it will get you going quicker.

Tully

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.