[ros-users] ROS Diamondback Beta 2

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Tue Feb 8 19:11:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:
>> http://www.ros.org/news/2011/02/ros-diamondback-beta-2-release.html
>>
>> Thanks everyone for the helpful reports.  We've pushed a lot of stack
>> updates and are getting closer to our release candidate.  We
>> appreciate your continued help with integration, including the updates
>> to the installation instructions on the various Linux distributions.
>
> Ken,
>
> The Diamondback debs are looking good for me so far.

Good to hear!

> Has it caught up with the unstable packages? (Seems like it has now,
> but had not at first.)

We're using unstable as a buffer for diamondback, which better ensures
that we are keeping Diamondback as stable as possible.  There are some
stacks that are lagging, but they are mostly pr2-related.  The only
one of note in the core I think is laser_pipeline.

> Should I uninstall the unstable packages now and just use Diamondback
> for further testing? (My Maverick system lists lots of unstable
> packages as not installable.)

Diamondback is a better testing target, yes.

cheers,
Ken