[ros-users] AVR and ROS

Homer Manalo homer.manalo at roboteknik.com
Wed Feb 9 06:51:54 UTC 2011

Ok now I have sorted out about the std_msgs error by ordering the #include
lines and object declarations:

  #include <WProgram.h>
  #include <stdio.h>

  #include "avrRos/String.h"
  std_msgs::String call_msg;
  std_msgs::String response_msg;

  #include "avrRos/Ros.h"

But I still got some errors here:

  sprintf(response_msg.data.getRawString(), "You sent : %s",
call_msg.data.getRawString());
    ../main.cpp:35: error: ‘class std_msgs::String’ has no member named
‘data’
    ../main.cpp:35: error: ‘class std_msgs::String’ has no member named
‘data’

  call_msg.data.setMaxLength(30);
  response_msg.data.setMaxLength(60);
    ../main.cpp:50: error: ‘class std_msgs::String’ has no member named
‘data’
    ../main.cpp:51: error: ‘class std_msgs::String’ has no member named
‘data’

  ROS::string data;
    ../avrRos/String.h:18: error: ‘string’ in namespace ‘ROS’ does not name
a type

  ROS::string name;
    ../avrRos/Ros.h:117: error: ‘string’ in namespace ‘ROS’ does not name a
type