[ros-users] stereo in diamondback release

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:14:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Asghari Oskoei, Mohammadreza
<m.asghari-oskoei at herts.ac.uk> wrote:

> joq
> thank you for the reply,
> so can we say regularly "unstable" is fresher than the "diamondback", and we can get required packages by "sudo apt-get install ros-unstable-XXXX"?

The difference seems small at the moment.

I recommend installing diamondback and not unstable. I recently
removed unstable from one of my test systems, just to avoid the extra
package update downloads.

With diamondback you can leave everything in place, even after the
final release. Plus, you can help find problems with the beta release.
:-)
--
 joq