[ros-users] is that possible to port this linux c++ code to windows platform?

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:09:21 UTC 2011

http://servicerobotics.eu/en/other-projects/ros-fuer-windows/

You will also have to port the actual controller code.

This is possible, but not probable.

ROS is possibly slated for Windows support in 1.5.x series:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Roadmap

I would not recommend trying to use ROS on Windows, I would suggest trying
to get Ubuntu installed on the robot to experiment with ROS.

Hope that helps,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University