[ros-users] Segway RMP 200/400

galenya galenya at iri.upc.edu
Fri Feb 11 08:55:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

we are listening...

We are also working on the ROS warp, doing the first tests on the platform.

We'll prepare some documentation and release the driver soon. If anybody
wants to test the "unstable" version let us know and we'll send a link
to the repository.

Best,

Guillem

On 01/-10/-28163 08:59 PM, William Woodall wrote:
> Ok so I think I am going to try and wrapper these guy's driver:
>
> http://wikiri.upc.es/index.php/Segway_RMP_200_driver
>
> Because it is extremely well written and it is setup in a way that will
> be easy for me to wrap ROS and MOOS around it, plus it is LGPL.  I have
> made a patch get this working on my Mac too.
>
> I am trying to get a contact email for these guys so if anyone has it
> please let me know.  I was unable to find an email on their site, but
> they have some un-started wiki pages talking about ROS so I thought they
> might be listening.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> William Woodall
> Graduate Software Engineering
> Auburn University
> w at auburn.edu <mailto:w at auburn.edu>
> wjwwood at gmail.com <mailto:wjwwood at gmail.com>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Kent Williams <k3nt00 at gmail.com
> <mailto:k3nt00 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Great, once you have something, just post here and someone at wg
>     will replace my repo with yours. Good luck!
>
>     Kent
>
>>     On Feb 7, 2011 5:47 PM, "William Woodall" <wjwwood at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:wjwwood at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Thanks, I might see about picking up where you left off unless I
>>     find something else, we have an RMP200 and a RMP400 so I could
>>     test and maintain something like this pretty easily.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>

>>     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>     William Woodall
>>     Graduate Software Engineering
>>     Auburn University
>>     w at ...
>>
>>     On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Kent Williams <k3nt00 at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:k3nt00 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>     >
>>     > Hi  William,
>>     >
>>     > I was t...

Institut de Robotica i Informatica Industrial (CSIC-UPC)
Parc Tecnologic de Barcelona - Edifici U
C. Llorens i Artigas, 4-6, 2a planta
08028 Barcelona
Phone: +34 93 4054490 / +34 93 4015751
Fax: +34 934015750