[ros-users] Move_base fails

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:49:26 UTC 2011

Hello Eitan,

Thanks for your help. I tried working on it on the other day. And found that
i was not providing the cov. matrix to the initial pose. I took the help of
rviz pose setting .cpp file and provided the same to it. It worked by
showing pose array.

Now as i said my plan is to attach a pattern on ceiling and position robot
after completing a job approximately under the pattern. When the robot will
restart again then it will detect the position by ar_pose pattern match and
figure it out in the map. Here my pattern position is fixed, Z axis in robot
is 0 but pattern will show z value due to height which then i will neglect
and take only x and y w.r.t pattern to transmit initial position.

I hope my approach is fine. I request you to help me in case of any
suggestion or if i am wrong.

-Abhy