[ros-users] Can't fix small glitch on actionlib tutorial wiki page

Jeremy Leibs leibs at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 11 17:12:54 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Patrick Goebel <patrick at pirobot.org> wrote:
> I noticed a small glitch on the actionlib tutorial page for writing a
> Python server:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/actionlib_tutorials/Tutorials/Writing%20a%20Simple%20Action%20Server%20using%20the%20Execute%20Callback%20%28Python%29
>
> The code breakdown for lines 40-45 is interrupted with the error:
>
> ERROR: unindent does not match any outer indentation level
>
> I saw that the CodeRef for that block was for lines 40-42 so I changed
> it to 40-45 but that did not fix the error so at this point I need to
> punt.  (The Python indentation looks fine to my eye but maybe someone
> else can catch it.)

The issue is that line 40-42 were:

        break
    self._feedback.sequence.append(self._feedback.sequence[i] +
self._feedback.sequence[i-1])
    # publish the feedback

I'm guessing the python code parser being applied to the range of
values still wants it to be a valid python block, which this isn't.

Changing it to 41-43 fixed the problem.  However, looking at all the
other code blocks, many of them now have the off-by-one error.

I looked through a change log, and it looks like Eitan added:

self._as.start()

To line 18 of the referenced code block, but didn't update any of the
coderefs.  Any CodeRef referencing a number greater than 18 will need
to be incremented by 1.  Also, I'm sure one of the sections referenced
the interval including 18 and the doc probably needs to be changed to
include calling self._as.start()