[ros-users] Videre STOC Problem

Christopher Bessent cmbq76 at mst.edu
Fri Feb 11 22:10:18 UTC 2011

Anton,

The problem does not happen in smallv and does not appear to happen in
coriander.  It is present in disparity view when using image_view's
stereo_view node.  videre_stereo_cam's disparity_view displays no disparity
image.

Here's some info about the camera in case it matters:

Camera Firmware: 06.02
Imager Firmware: 0006
STOC Version: 04.02

Thanks,
Chris

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Antons Rebguns <anton at email.arizona.edu>wrote:

> Chris,
>
> That's a very strange problem you have there. Does the same mangling
> happen in point cloud received from the device? Does it happen in when
> you run the driver in non-STOC mode? Do you see the same problem if
> you run the camera in coriander, for example?
>
> Thanks,
> Anton
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Christopher Bessent <cmbq76 at mst.edu>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > My group is attempting to use one of Videre's STOC cameras with the
> > videre_stereo_cam node from ua-ros-pkg.  It works fabulously except for
> the
> > bottom third which appears to repeat the upper right corner of the
> > respective image.  Every once in a while that section will also devolve
> into
> > complete static.
> > Here's some example images:
> > http://i.imgur.com/g485H.png
> > http://i.imgur.com/J1UO3.jpg
> > The only idea I have left is that we haven't made a
> > calibration/rectification for this camera yet, but I can't imagine that
> > causing this kind of problem.
> >
> > --
> > Chris Bessent

Chris Bessent
cmbq76 at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Undergrad Computer Engineering
Eta Kappa Nu - Bridge Correspondent
Robotics Competition Team - Computing Lead