[ros-users] Introduction To ROS

jabyers at clemson.edu jabyers at clemson.edu
Sun Feb 13 14:21:31 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I think my biggest problem is that I am using Linux for the first time. Do
I access ROS through the terminal application in Linux, or does ROS
actually have a user interface, like an executable that I can click
actually click on and open the program through? When I try to run the
beginner tutorials, such as rospack, it says that there is no command
'rospack', although I have downloaded ROS following the given instructions
on the website, all the way through the environmental setup portion.
Therefore my next step was to work through the beginner tutorials, but all
of the ros commands I use come back saying that there are no such
commands. Should I re-download the program, or am I missing something? Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,
Jason