[ros-users] POINT_CLOUD_REGISTER_POINT_STRUCT and using templated user defined points

kadir kadirfu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:52:53 UTC 2011

Radu,

Thank you for the links. I partially solved the problem and skipped the part
regarding the type-definition for the moment. What I did is as follows:

template<int how_many>
        struct FeaturePoint{
        float a;
        float b;
        float c;
        float d[how_many]
};

#define HOW_MANY an_int_value
POINT_CLOUD_REGISTER_POINT_STRUCT(
        pcl::FeaturePoint<HOW_MANY>,
        (float,   a, a)
        (float,   b, b)
        (float,   c, c)
        (float[HOW_MANY],d, d));

But of course, this is not sth that I want at the end. Since I cannot change
values of macros or const declarations at run time, I cannot add different
sized  "FeaturePoint"s to the PointCloud2 structure. I have to define each
FeaturePoint having different sized "d" member and register them one by one
to achieve this purpose.

Later,

-Kadir-