[ros-users] Merging Player with ROS

Aslund sebastian.aslund at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 19:46:06 UTC 2011

Thanks for your answer.
While an option is to use the ROS Player driver, then I want to avoid it. I
have already Player installed on my robot and had quite some problems with
it, which is now solved, but it scared me from doing any changes to it, so I
want to maintain the robot as it is.
My idea is to have a second computer to process the algorithms, which
communicates through Player on a local network to my robot.
I used the Publisher example from the tutorial to create a base to work
with, if I add the following lines to my CMakeLists.txt:

include_directories(/usr/local/include/player-3.1)
link_directories(/usr/local/lib)

then I am able to compile the example including the header file of Player (
#include "libplayerc++/playerc++.h" ), but when I add Player functions, then
rosmake returns that there are undefined references, which could indicate
that I need a way of adding the library files into my CMakeLists.txt list.
My problem is that I do not know how to add  .so-library files into
CMakeLists.txt inorder to make the compiler able to use Player functions, I
hope someone can help me resolving this problem.

Regards

Sebastian