[ros-users] compiling openni_camera missing Eigen/core?

brian Corwin brian.k.corwin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 02:27:15 UTC 2011

Hi All,
So I installed cturtle again, I overlayed the unstable perception_pcl,
perception addons, and geometry.  That went fine

I then rosinstalled NI and attempted to make.

I have encountered a few things I have not seen before.  First, when I run
the rosmake ~/ni --rosdep  I see this at the beginning

[ rosmake ] Packages requested are:
['ni']
[ rosmake ] Logging to
directory/home/bchinn/.ros/rosmake/rosmake_output-20110213-181938

[ rosmake ] Expanded args ['ni'] to:
['openni_pcl', 'ps_engine', 'pointcloud_to_laserscan', 'openni_pointer',
'openni_camera', 'nite', 'openni', 'openni_tracker', 'disparity_view',
'openni_scene']
[ rosmake ] Generating Install Script using rosdep then executing. This may
take a minute, you will be prompted for permissions. . .
Failed to find rosdep mercurial for package openni_pcl on OS:ubuntu
version:10.10
Failed to find rosdep mercurial for package pointcloud_to_laserscan on
OS:ubuntu version:10.10
Failed to find rosdep mercurial for package openni_camera on OS:ubuntu
version:10.10
Failed to find rosdep mercurial for package openni_tracker on OS:ubuntu
version:10.10
Failed to find rosdep mercurial for package openni_scene on OS:ubuntu
version:10.10
WARNING: Rosdeps [u'mercurial', u'mercurial', u'mercurial', u'mercurial',
u'mercurial'] could not be resolved
executing this script:

What does the Failed to find rosdep mercurial warning mean?  It continues to
build but that seems like a bad thing.

Second,  As NI continues to make, I run into a segfault while trying to
build pcl_ros.

/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/driver_common/dynamic_reconfigure/include/dynamic_reconfigure/server.h:73:
internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

and the make dies.

Anyone have any thoughts about these two issues?

thanks much
Brian