[ros-users] ROS on BeagleBoard-xM - problems installing

futureignobel futureignobel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:26:51 UTC 2011

Thanks Koen, I finally managed to install ROS on my BB-xM, though (I am
still open for any suggestions). I did the following:

   1. Installed Ubuntu 10.04 as described here:
      http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#Lucid_10.04.2
   2. Configured network access
   3. Built ROS from source as described here:
      http://www.ros.org/wiki/cturtle/Installation/Ubuntu/SVN

I had some problems with installing dependencies via apt-get (I think
the build script should be a little more verbose about what it is
currently doing, which would have spared me some time), but I finally
got through this. A 4GB microSD is enough.

Regards,
Marcin