[ros-users] ROS Diamondback Release Candidate 1

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Tue Feb 15 21:32:27 UTC 2011

I've moved the Nao and Roomba off the Diamondback page to here instead:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots

This page is linked to from the front page of the wiki.

After some discussion, we decided that we want the
diamondback/Installation page links to Diamondback-specific
installation instructions.  We think keeping this consistency will be
important, as not all robots will work with all ROS distributions, and
installation instructions will evolve over time.  Also, there is some
nature lag after the actual Diamondback release before a robot becomes
compatible with it.

If you look at the PR2 Diamondback instructions, you'll see that the
installation instructions (if you have debian packages) are fairly
easy to write *.  Most of the documentation is simply includes of the
standard Diamondback instructions, with the added section on which
debian (meta)packages to install.  We look forward to more
robot-specific variants in Diamondback.

http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/PR2/diamondback

cheers,
Ken

* Of course, there is nothing that assumes that these pages have to be
debian/Ubuntu specific.