[ros-users] Problems with subscriber and spinOnce

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Thu Feb 17 10:24:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

Your subscriber should be instantiated outside of your loop:

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        init(argc, argv, "testPlayer");
        NodeHandle n;

        Subscriber sub;
        sub = n.subscribe("scan", 1000, &testPlayer::callBack, &test);

        Rate loop_rate(5);

        testPlayer test;

        while ( ok() ) {

            spinOnce();

            loop_rate.sleep();
        }

  return 0;
}

This should work normally.

Cheers,

Ugo

Ugo Cupcic | Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer | 251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand? | London N1 1LX | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/ @shadowrobot