[ros-users] OpenNi setup easy with diamondback

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Sun Feb 20 06:42:06 UTC 2011

Dan,

On 02/19/2011 09:36 PM, dan barry wrote:
> The setup instructions on the wiki for OpenNi work with the ROS unstable distribution, however, with cturtle they are
> difficult to follow and generate errors, mostly due to confusion regarding when to insert "unstable" vs "cturtle" in the
> setup process (particularly with the perception_pcl overlays). However, Diamondback works well providing that you overlay
>
> sudo apt-get install ros-diamondback-perception-pcl-addons
>
> If would be helpful to have that on the wiki page as an option for setting up.

Can you help us add this information to the wiki page? The latest releases of perception_pcl stopped functioning for
CTurtle due to the API breaking changes in the Eigen libraries. Once the NI stack will get released it will be easier
for us to tag it against multiple ROS versions that we support.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org