[ros-users] OpenNi setup easy with diamondback

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Feb 22 17:25:33 UTC 2011

Hi Patrick,

The setup.(ba)sh file is generated by rosinstall.  rosinstall was patched
recently to not use bashisms in setup.sh.
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2860 Your rosinstall is older than
that, so it's only generating the .sh file.  I updated the wiki for the new
syntax.  You can get the newer version using "easy_install -U rosinstall".
And then rerun rosintall on the directory and the file will be updated.

Tully

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Patrick Goebel <patrick at pirobot.org> wrote:

> The setup file on the NI installation wiki page for diamondback is
> listed as ~/ni/setup.bash but when I just tried it, the file is actually
> called ~/ni/setup.sh (.sh instead of .bash)  I didn't want to edit the
> wiki page in case the file is meant to get renamed to "setup.bash" in
> the git repository.
>
> --patrick
>
> On 02/19/2011 11:14 PM, dan barry wrote:
> > Done. I didn't want to edit that page without checking since I am only
> > setting up one system and was not certain that this result applied in
> > general.
> >
> >     From: Radu Bogdan Rusu <rusu at willowgarage.com
> >     </mc/compose?to=rusu at willowgarage.com>>
> >     Date: Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 1:42 AM
> >     Subject: Re: [ros-users] OpenNi setup easy with diamondback
> >     To: User discussions <ros-users at code.ros.org
> >     </mc/compose?to=ros-users at code.ros.org>>
> >

> >     Dan,
> >

> >     On 02/19/2011 09:36 PM, dan barry wrote:
> >      > The setup instructions on the wiki for OpenNi work with the ROS
> >     unstable distribution, however, with cturtle they are
> >      > difficult to follow and generate errors, mostly due to confusion
> >     regarding when to insert "unstable" vs "cturtle" in the
> >      > setup process (particularly with the perception_pcl overlays).
> >     However, Diamondback works well providing that you overlay
> >      >
> >      > sudo apt-get install ros-diamondback-perception-pcl-addons
> >      >
> >      > If would be helpful to have that on the wiki page as an option
> >     for setting up.
> >
> >     Can you help us add this information to the wiki page? The latest
> >     releases of perception_pcl stopped functioning for
> >     CTurtle due to the API breaking changes in the Eigen libraries. Once
> >     the NI stack will get released it will be easier
> >     for us to tag it against multiple ROS versions that we support.
> >

> >     Cheers,
> >     Radu.
> >     --
> >     http://pointclouds.org