[ros-users] 6dof localization

Augusto Luis Ballardini trigal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 21:18:05 UTC 2011

Hi Armin, thank you for your answer

I took a look to the links you give me and I would like to tell you that I
had already identify some very interesting papers of your university/lab.

I read very quickly this paper
http://hrl.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/papers/hornung10iros.pdf
http://hrl.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/papers/hornung10iros.pdf  and seems
your work is apparently what I'm trying to do (and what AMCL node doesn't
do) right? In details:

1. integrate the data for a full 6dof pose into each particle.
2. for each sensor reading, which is basically a 3d line rigidly anchored to
the particle pose plus a depth along this line, find the intersection with
the 3d map and determine the importance weight coming out from this sensor
reading.

Tomorrow I'll read the paper with more detail, in the meanwhile thank you
for your quick answer.

Augusto