[ros-users] [PCL-users] PCL 0.7 Released!

Patrick Mihelich mihelich at willowgarage.com
Mon Jan 3 22:42:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Patrick Bouffard <
bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Should I be able to then use pcl::PointCloud<T> as a message type for
> a message_filters::Subscriber as well?

Yes! message_filters::Subscriber wraps around a ros::Subscriber, so this
will just work.

If so is there code anywhere
> where this is used with an ExactTime synchronizer that I could look at
> as an example? I see that, e.g., pcl::fromROSMsg is still used in
> sac_segmentation.cpp in pcl_ros.

I don't believe we have a code example right this moment, but Radu is hard
at work converting pcl_ros to use ros::Publisher/Subscriber everywhere.

Cheers,
Patrick