[ros-users] Gazebo Models

Rorry Brenner rorry.brenner at resquared.com
Tue Jan 4 22:42:51 UTC 2011

We are trying to get a good visual for our robot in gazebo.  Because of the
built in gazebo smoothing we were not able to get our model to look right
using the meshes we produced.  As a workaround for this we split our meshes
up into over 100 different files since gazebo does not smooth separate
meshes together.  The new model we produced looks great.  However it runs
extremely slow.  We believe this is because of all the collision and physics
calculations for the new links, but if we do not provide all of these
additional links with inertial parameters and collision models they are not
visualized in gazebo.  I was wondering if there is a way to have gazebo
still produce a visual if the link has no inertial parameters and no
collision model?

Thanks,
Rorry