[ros-users] ROS Tutorial Available: Head Tracking Visual Objects

Patrick Goebel patrick at casbs.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 5 00:49:02 UTC 2011

Hello ROS fans,

As part of my ROS learning process, I put together a tutorial on using
OpenCV and ROS to do head tracking of a visual target.  The tutorial
uses Python, a USB webcam, and Dynamixel AX-12+ servos on either a
USB2Dynamixel controller or an ArbotiX.

You can find the tutorial at the following link:

http://www.pirobot.org/blog/0016/

I've heard from one other ROS user who has successfully run through the
tutorial and got it working but it would be great if people would report
back errors or omissions.

Patrick Goebel
Behavioral Sciences
Stanford University