[ros-users] Dnsmasq and roscore

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 07:18:28 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Does someone have some experience combining tools like dnsmasq and roscore?

Dnsmasq is a simple to configure DHCP and DNS server. In the DHCP
part, it is possible to send back a lot of information to connecting
clients. It is normally used to send the DNS IPs and gateway, but can
also send a NTP server IP and a lot of other things.
I was wondering if someone has tried to send the ROS_MASTER_URI back
in the DHCP info.

It would be nice to plug a laptop to the network, and tadaaa, all the
new nodes I start can join the local ros network without any manual
configuration.

Comments?
--
Cedric Pradalier