[ros-users] swissranger_camera package not found

blueskin blueskin.neo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:54:59 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I am really new to ROS and I've been trying to use our swissranger SR3000
camera with ROS. I've installed ros-cturtle-base and cob_camera_sensors. And
as instructed on
http://www.ros.org/wiki/cob_camera_sensors#Swissranger
http://www.ros.org/wiki/cob_camera_sensors#Swissranger
I've changed the udev and did 'rosdep install cob_camera_sensors' which
gave.
       executing this script:
       set -o errexit
       #No Packages to install
And i tried launching as
'roslaunch cob_camera_sensors tof_camera_viewer.launch' which gave the
following error

      core service [/rosout] found
      ERROR: cannot launch node of type
[swissranger_camera/swissranger_camera]: Cannot locate installation of
package swissranger_camera: [rospack] couldn't find package
[swissranger_camera]. ROS_ROOT[/opt/ros/cturtle/ros]
ROS_PACKAGE_PATH[/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks]

So I tried to install as 'sudo apt-get install
ros-cturtle-swissranger-camera'  and I get the error
      E: Couldn't find package  ros-cturtle-swissranger-camera

I tried to see if there's a package, but 'rospack find swissranger_camera'
gives
      [rospack] couldn't find package [swissranger_camera]

Am I missing something or some packages? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Best,
CV