[ros-users] human approach

Nikos Mitsou nmitsou at lsr.ei.tum.de
Tue Jan 11 12:32:32 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,
My mobile robot needs to interact with humans...
In order to do that it has to approach a person in a user-friendly way.
This means that the robot should follow a very specific trajectory that
considers social aspects,
for example: the robot should approach a person face to face, the
trajectory should be smooth with specific velocities etc.

We can calculate the desire trajectory for free space but we don't know
how to make the robot follow it.
One solution we are considering is to send multiple goals to move base.

Another problem here is that a goal might happen to be inside or very
close to an obstacle and thus the low lever planner will probably design
an undesirable trajectory.

Do you have any suggestion towards this problem?
Thanks in advance
Nikos