[ros-users] Get involved in ROS development through Handoff lists

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Jan 12 00:33:05 UTC 2011

There have been several requests for finding ways for Willow to make the
core ROS development process more open.  One of the things we identified as
limiting the community was that it was hard to get involved in core ROS
development.  To facilitate that we've setup a simple mechanism to expose
open issues which are not actively being worked of to the community.  We
have created an initial summary page liked from the Get Invloved page [1]
called Handoff Lists [2] which link to trac pages with prebuilt queries for
tickets flagged with "handoff" as a keyword like this [3] If you'd like to
contribute these tickets are a good way to get familiar with parts of the
code base and development process.

[1] http://www.ros.org/wiki/Get%20Involved
[2] http://www.ros.org/wiki/Get%20Involved/Handoff%20List
[3] https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/wiki/Handoff%20List