[ros-users] dynamic_reconfigure in cturtle stuck

Tomas Vanderka tomas_vanderka at tempest.sk
Thu Jan 13 18:34:39 UTC 2011

Hi,
i'm having problems getting dynamic_reconfigure working. I'm running
cturtle tag from svn on Fedora 14, everything compiles and runs fine
until I do "dynparm get /dynamic_reconfigure_test_server" or try the
same with reconfigure_gui. Then it gets stuck and does nothing. At first
I thought it's in the code of my driver but then I tried it with "rosrun
dynamic_reconfigure testserver" and that's the same story (same with
testserver.py).

I'm trying this:

roscore &
rosrun dynamic_reconfigure testserver &
dynparm get /dynamic_reconfigure_test_server   # this one gets stuck,
the last thing it does is write out "Waiting for configuration..."

Any suggestions? Should i better use unstable for new stuff?

t.