[ros-users] bash specific functionality removed from setup.sh into setup.bash

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Jan 13 23:35:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

As of rosinstall version 0.5.12 it will no longer use bashisms in the
setup.sh file.  They have been moved to setup.bash.  And for zsh users
there is also a setup.zsh generated.

For existing bash users this will mean that until you switch to use
setup.bash instead of setup.sh you will not have the command line tools
you are used to such as rosrun roscd and tab completion.

This was ticketed at https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2860

I have tried to update references on the wiki.  If you run into one I
missed please update it to reference setup.bash, unless the reference is
for a specific different shell.

A similar change will be made in the /opt/ros/ROSDISTRO/setup.sh will be
seperated to setup.sh for environment and setup.bash for bash specific
calls.  TIcketed at https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3243

Tully