[ros-users] rviz navigation tutorial

cristobal.vio cristobal.vio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:47:43 UTC 2011

Hi, all

I was trying this tutorial
(http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/Using%20rviz%20with%20the%20Navigation%20Stack)
with p2os and a pioneer AT-3 and when I get to specifying the initial pose
in the map I can't get the particles to appear.

I can see that rviz is publishing in the /initialpose topic, but amcl is not
publishing in /particlecloud

When i run roswtf I get that the topic /odom (between many others which
don't seem significant to me) is unconnected. move_base is listening to
/odom but none is publishing there. p2os should be publishing odometry
messages right? or is it another node that should be publishing in this
topic?

Please tell me what am I missing.

Thanks in advance

Cristóbal